What has been missed!

So, between the time I last posted and now.. some stuff has transpired. First.. Why is it I always write these at like.. 7am, right after I roll out of bed. It’s weird.. as if I have the blog itch in my sleep or something.

Anyway. First off, Elti, my awesome friend in Australia is helping me by fleshing out some ideas I had into a full fledged story so that I may do some hot sequential art and toss it in the direction of Heavy Metal and perhaps a few other companies. Here’s keeping the fingers crossed that I can do this. It’s a lot of pages to pencil, ink and color by myself. But I think I’ll be okay..

In return for Elti’s super awesome rockingness I whipped up some art for her. It’s only lines at the moment but will become a full fledged piece in a few days when I finish the color.

She has -excellent- breasts.. which have been the subject of many conversations when I’ve had this piece lying around. Annnd I just realized I may have left this lineart sitting in a lab in the Texas bldg last night. That’s what I get for working late and not paying attention to what I was doing when I left. Annnyway.. so yes.

This is my practice for the up and coming work.. I am in love with that bottle. I hope I can do it justice when I throw color all over it like a rabid monkey.

In other news, I was invited to apply for the Honors Portfolio Semester. It’s basically a semester of free school where I work for 3 credits with a faculty mentor of my choosing and I get to amp up my portfolio. I’m pretty thrilled about this one. Going to apply with the best life drawing teacher on campus so I can improve my form and make some damn fine sequential art. Here’s to hoping I get accepted.

Also I was subpoena’d thanks to work (other work, not campus work) and I have to testify against a fellow who was stupid enough to pick a fight with five other guys. He got the ever living hell beat out of him.. I’m not really all that happy about this but at least the trial is on a day when I don’t have class. Phew.

All of my work is ready for the Grad Show and now I’m just waiting for Monday to hang everything in the gallery. Pretty damned exciting. I can’t believe how fast the semester went. So hopefully everything will go smoothly in the next few weeks.. annnd I’ll have more stuff to post here, art wise.


Voila! After a morning spent up at the school, as well as several hours last night.. She is complete!

  1. No trackbacks yet.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: